Visit the 1915 Erie Station, Chester’s Local History Museum Open 9 am - 1 pm Saturdays May - October
19 Winkler Place, Chester, NY 10918 (gps coordinates: 41.3626°, -74.2702°)
Our mission is to promote the rich heritage of the Village and Town of Chester, New York through the acquisition, restoration and preservation of its historical places, documents and recordings of oral history; provide educational programs for school children, community organizations and all those individuals interested in local folklore and history; and exhibit collections of artifacts, pictures, newspapers and recorded oral histories to the general public.
Please click on the volunteer schedule to contact Norma Stoddard, our volunteer coordinator with the dates and times you'd like to volunteer at the Station along with your contact info and she'll schedule and confirm your dates.
We like to have two at least two people at the station when we are open. Don't worry about what you know or don't - Norma will pair you with an experienced person.
Other things you can volunteer to do:
• Organizing and cataloging materials presently in the Society's collection.
• Providing a program of special interest to our members.
• Storing information in the Society’s computer.
• Providing our newsletter editor with articles of local historical interest.
• Researching some of the historic buildings, including the Railroad Station, in the Town and Village of Chester.
• Funding raising toward preserving Chester's history along with the Railroad Station.
*. Station grounds keeping / gardening.
• Other things…
Click here to volunteer!